Join the Cliffo Cub Pack
We welcome new youth members – both boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 11 to be part of our Cub Pack. Cubs meet on Saturdays from 4:30pm – 6:00pm during the school term.
If you would like your child to join us, we invite you to visit a meeting, speak to the leaders and have your son or daughter join in, to experience what it’s like to part of Clifton Gardens Scouts. Please contact us in advance so we can confirm that there is meeting at the shed and provide you with registration forms explaining what is involved.
For more information please contact Mike Wilkinson on 0415 179 364 or email email@example.com
What do Cubs do?
Cubs have fun doing a lot of interesting things! We play games, learn skills, and go on exciting outings and camps. Cub Scouts all help each other, and try to help other people too.
As a cub scout you’ll get together with other boys and girls your age each week and be led into adventure! You’ll wear your own Cub Scout uniform and collect special badges to put on your uniform to show your achievements.
There are around 24 boys and girls in a full Cub Scout Pack. The Pack is divided into ‘Sixes’, so named because each ‘Six’ aims to have 6 Cubs in it. One of the first badges a cub puts on their uniform is the colour patch of their Six when they are accepted into the pack. One of the boys or girls in the group is the ‘Sixer’ (a bit like the Captain of your school sports team), shown by a Sixer Badge above the pocket of their uniform. The Sixer often has a `Second’ as a helper (a bit like a Vice-Captain) who wears the “Second” badge in the same place.
Cubs is led by a volunteer adult leadership team, mostly made up of parents in the Scout Group. Their names are taken from characters in the famous Rudyard Kipling story “The Jungle Book” and create a fun and friendly setting for Cubs.
On your Cub adventure you’ll enjoy;
- Weekly meetings – fun, adventure, exploration, excitement and imagination.
- Outdoor adventures – Cub Scouts are introduced to activities such as canoeing, paddle boarding, fishing, camping under canvas and bushwalking.
- Themed programs – The Jungle Book, explorers, Survivor, space and more.
- Cub Pack holidays – Get away for some fun and adventure with your Cub Pack
- Region Fun Day – An exciting day of activities, making friends, and having a great time with other Cub Scouts from within your Region
- Cuboree – a state-wide overnight camp where Cub Scouts from around the State can meet.
- Family adventures – the whole family is encouraged to get involved with Cub Scout activities like canoeing, bike riding and our annual family Ski Trip.
What does it cost to join?
We have a joining fee of $150 which covers the fees charged by the Scout Association plus the supply of a cub or scout shirt, the 1st Clifton Gardens scout scarf and initial badges for the shirt. There is also an annual membership fee, currently $230, of which 80% goes to Scouts NSW.